Thursday, September 01, 2005

ROAR, says my new project

Why, you may ask, is my current crochet project roaring? Because I am using a Lion Brand pattern and yarn for it, duh! I picked this scarf for a couple of reasons: 1) It uses a dc, which I thought it was time for me to learn 2) I like the alternating colors and 3) I am a little sick of dishcloths! I'm using a soft gray and dark purple to go with my black leather jacket. I think it will look fab. My only complaint so far is with the yarn. The pattern calls for Homespun which I bought. It is wonderfully soft.... and horribly twisty and "knotty". Lion lists the pattern as "easy"... which it is in the sense that it is just a dc over and over. But I don't know if I would call working with this yarn easy; at least for a newbie like me. Oh well, it be a good learning experience if nothing else... and I can't wait to really get going on this. It is going to look waaaayyy cooollll!

1 Comments:

Blogger Suburban Hooker said...

I love that yarn...just loosen your grip on it, you'll be amazed how much easier it will be to work with.....easy grip and easy tension. Have fun!!!

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home