Monday, August 28, 2006

What I've been working on lately

I know I promised a picture of my fiber fest spoils, but that will take too long! So, this is a drive-by posting to show the progress I have made on my latest project, the "Under the Hoodie" sweater from Stitch n' Bitch.



As you can see, right now it is basically still a square... another few inches and I'll get to do something exciting. But I am enjoying the endless stockinette and I am pleased with my color choices. I am always nervous ordering online, which is what I had to do to find any Lamb's Pride this time of year. I was terrified that the red was going to be orange-red or purple-red or brown-red... but it ended up a nice red-red. I like-like!

I picked this pattern as my first knit sweater because of the almost complete lack of shaping to it. Hoodies are one of the few things that look good when they are boxy and not form fitting. I didn't want to add the "let's make this flattering by doing lots of decreases and increases" into the equation, so this pattern seemed perfect.

Now, back to the stockinette!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the colors! Can't wait to see the whole thing. You're stitches look nice and even. Nice job.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Katherine said...

Congrats on getting a great red color, and on the rest of the hoodie. Looks fantastic!

2:57 PM  
Blogger LG said...

I agree with Sue! Lovely colors and waiting to see it finished!

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home