Monday, July 24, 2006

Career change is in order!

My mom and I spent the day on Friday roaming around Ann Arbor’s Art Fairs. I hadn’t been in several years, and really enjoyed myself this year. There was less “kitsch on a stick” and more art/photography that was truly impressive and beautiful.

Except. We saw three booths that were selling knit products. And this is why I apparently need to get out of the Medical Editor business and into the Art Fair circuit.... because one of the booths? Selling knit, felted bags? For $150 EACH. Another booth? Selling shrugs for $90? And still another artist? Selling plain ol’ stockinette stitch sweaters out of plain ol’ wool? For a cool $110.

Mind you, I have no idea if people were actually crazy enough to purchase these works of art that any knitter can make... or is they were like me and shrieked and ran towards my LYS... so I’ll be ready for next year’s Art Fair! :-)

4 Comments:

Blogger LG said...

I ask myself the same as you, everytime I find expensive things I could knit/crochet!!! What can we do? Don´t work anymore, and get in that circuit?! Would be GREAT, working and earning money with our dear hooks and needles!

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Nice work if you can get it, no?

11:46 AM  
Blogger DAWN said...

It never fails to amaze me what people will charge, what does amaze me is what other people will pay.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Tandi said...

Holy crap. Were they selling anything?

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home