Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Bits and bobs

I have returned from the Moose Capital of Michigan... we didn't see any moose, but did see a very territorial pheasant that kept charging us as we walked out the front doot. Fun! :-) It actually was very fun, despite being a good 6-hour drive from Ann Arbor. We swam, we sauna-ed (which is a very Yooper thing to do), we had a bonfire, we grilled, and we drank! LOL. Good times.

I have also been slowly working on the Rib and Cable Mitts (scroll down). I say slowly because dpns+cabling=not very fast for me! The yarn I chose is beautiful, though. It is an alpaca/merino blend in green, blue, and purple. If all goes well, I hope these will be a Christmas gift for my mother. Keep your fingers crossed!

I finished reading The Accidental Tourist by Anne Tyler. I enjoyed it, but it took my FOREVER because it is NOT a beach read; i.e., it has all this character development and plot! ;-) It was one of the library book sale purchases and I would say it was worth the $.25!

And finally, just for fun...




QuizGalaxy!
'What will your obituary say?' at QuizGalaxy.com


Which is fitting, considering Kid Rock is a native Michigander!

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather Cox said...

Accidental Tourist is one of my all time faves - glad you liked it! I like your obit. LOL

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home