Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Bits and bobs

I have returned from the Moose Capital of Michigan... we didn't see any moose, but did see a very territorial pheasant that kept charging us as we walked out the front doot. Fun! :-) It actually was very fun, despite being a good 6-hour drive from Ann Arbor. We swam, we sauna-ed (which is a very Yooper thing to do), we had a bonfire, we grilled, and we drank! LOL. Good times.

I have also been slowly working on the Rib and Cable Mitts (scroll down). I say slowly because dpns+cabling=not very fast for me! The yarn I chose is beautiful, though. It is an alpaca/merino blend in green, blue, and purple. If all goes well, I hope these will be a Christmas gift for my mother. Keep your fingers crossed!

I finished reading The Accidental Tourist by Anne Tyler. I enjoyed it, but it took my FOREVER because it is NOT a beach read; i.e., it has all this character development and plot! ;-) It was one of the library book sale purchases and I would say it was worth the $.25!

And finally, just for fun...




QuizGalaxy!
'What will your obituary say?' at QuizGalaxy.com


Which is fitting, considering Kid Rock is a native Michigander!

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Accidental Tourist is one of my all time faves - glad you liked it! I like your obit. LOL

12:08 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

"Finally, after many miserly years, Tara died before telling anyone where they buried their treasure.
Tara will be terribly missed by the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles."

How do they know about my treasure stash?????

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home