Sunday, July 09, 2006

One down...

... one to go!



(Note: If you are right-handed, it is pretty darn hard to get a pic of your own right hand... especially if the camera's button is all the way to the top right! So, only one not so great photo.)

This is the first Rib-and-cable mitt from IK (see last post for link). It came out slightly longer than I wanted, but I think my mom's hands are bigger than mine, so hopefully I will be all good. Obviously, I am not following the pattern exactly. I decided to use a variagated yarn and to skip the contrasting colors. It is also not a DK weight yarn so I have been modifying a little for size, too. Once I finish Number 2, I'll write up all the changes I made.

I adore these colors and love the single cable down the back of the hand. I may have a hard time giving these away at Christmas! :-)

(And let's all hope I don't fall prey to Second Sock Syndrome and finish the left one soon!)

3 Comments:

Blogger LG said...

Love it! Beautiful blue/green color combination!

3:09 PM  
Blogger drea said...

your mitts are nice as well. i also struggled with taking a picture of my right hand...had to use the timer on my camera and then call in reinforcements...haha. i see you are from ann arbor. i live in new zealand now but grew up in east lansing

2:01 AM  
Blogger Tandi said...

Cool warmer! Love the shades of that yarn!

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home