Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The first of 2007

Can you believe it is 2007? Yikes. Double yikes. Triple yikes. Ok, why all the yiking? Maybe because I was born in 1977.... which means I have a rather significant milestone-ish birthday this year. YIKES! Ok, it isn’t for nine months, but still. :-) (And btw, I like that I just invented a word. Yiking. Hee hee.) I rang in the new year in the only possible way... with a bottle of Chianti, a few shots of Jaeger, and a few very good friends. It was fun, but not nearly as fun as this!

I am a bit behind on blogging (About everything, I know. I am such a slacker.), and of course I have not taken any photos of any of my Christmas loot, but you can see this gift, and this one, and this one. So, lots of knit-related goodness and I am firmly resolving to actually use it! Not that I haven’t been knitting.... I have just slowed down a lot. Which doesn’t make sense because I love it and find it uber-relaxing and fun so I don’t know what my deal has been. I have started a scarf (of my own design, sorta) for my hubby to replace the crocheted one I made him last winter. Progress has been steady and I will show a pic soon.

One of my Christmas gifts was Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman. So far, it is excellent. I really enjoyed Gaiman’s American Gods. This book deals with a lot of similar themes (fathers and sons, reality and myth, life and death) but is very funny, too. Like, laugh out loud funny. At about half way through, I am giving it a thumb up. Or a half thumb up?

2 Comments:

Blogger DAWN said...

Jaeger!! oh my, girl. Bad bad experience--makes my stomach lurch just thinking of that green bottle and it's evil contents. Welcome back to the land of blogging and happy 2007! woohoo

3:20 PM  
Blogger Tandi said...

You got a set of Options? I'm jealous. Trying to decide whether or not to spend Christmas money on them...

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home