Wednesday, December 06, 2006

How Jen Got Her Groove Back

As you may have noticed from the complete lack of posts, I have not been knitting much lately. I still loved the hobby/obsession, but everytime I looked at my half-finished Under The Hoodie sweater, I flinched and looked away. The barely begun lace scarf, which took ages and ages to even get one lousy inch knit up in, stared sourly at me from my WIP bag. Even little things, like the ill-fated headband, just didn't seem to go right.

I was down in the knitting dumps.

And then. I was bored on Saturday night. The hubby was out playing poker with the boys, the Christmas decorations were up, the house was clean... in short, there were no distractions. And I looked at the Under the Hoodie sweater and flinched and looked away. I almost gave up on the half-formed nugget of desire to pick the sticks up and create. Almost. But then I remembered my joy, when I first learned how to crochet, of the first dish cloth. So fun, so easy, so non-hanging around me like a fricking albatross.... and so I knit this:


I love it. Short, sweet, beautiful. A new technique, which I quickly mastered. The heady rush of accomplishment.

In short, the return of my knitting mojo. :-) I am so happy, I think I will go cast on another!

3 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Don't fight the knitting mojo! I love the colors in the dishcloth.

One day you'll wake up and want to finish the sweater. Or want to frog it. Either way, it will happen sooner or later. :)

9:09 PM  
Blogger LG said...

The Garterlac Dishcloth! One of my favorites! Great project to come back knitting!
Don´t worry about the UFO´s. Sometimes I get bored of some projects too. You can frog and start another project with that yarn. Take it easy! ;)

8:20 AM  
Blogger Heather Cox said...

It's gorgeous, love the texture. :) And the pink poncho on my blog isn't from a pattern, it's just granny squares joined together.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home