Saturday, September 23, 2006

The first finished object in months

The combination of the endless miles and miles of gray, gray, GRAY Under the Hoodie knitting and the library finally having a copy of Mason Dixon Knitting for me yesterday led to this:



Bright colors! Finished in just a few hours! A welcome respite from the neverending sweater! Hurray!

It is, of course, the Ballband Dishcloth that swept the internet like ... I'm not sure what. Insert an appropriate metaphor of your choice. Anywho. It was fun and quick, but I don't know if I'll make another. I'm not crazy about the back of it. The front looks sweet and the back looks... Well, sorta messy. And I like my dishcloths to look good from both sides, because you see and use both sides. But, I do like how the random colors of Lily's cotton that I happened to have look together. Almost like I planned it. (I really didn't.)

Also, has anybody ever heard of kitchen cotton going bad? I have had that dark green in my stash for awhile and boy,it shed like mad crazy! Great big hunks of dark green fuzz all over everything. Yuck.

4 Comments:

Blogger DAWN said...

That looks great! I took a peak at that book in my LYS and love a lot of the projects in it. I may have to find a cheap copy somewhere. My library is a fossil. Anyway, I ranted a bit on my blog about my total loathing of working with cotton. I'm not sure about it going bad, I just chulk it up to the number of things I hate about working with it.

3:00 PM  
Blogger LG said...

Oh I love this dishcloth! What if you do another one and sew both together to hide the not-so-nice-back?

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...like a meme? Like good gossip on a slow day? Anyway, gorgeous dishcloth! Love that pattern. Looks like it should be a vest or something.

7:41 PM  
Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

That's bee-you-ti-ful! I love the colors.

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home