Sunday, January 07, 2007

You can't go wrong with a scarf

As promised, here is a photo of the first knit of the year, the scarf-in-progress for the hubby:


I am holding two stands together. The gray is Plymouth Encore and the multi-color is Inca Marla, which is 100% alpaca laceweight. When I first started knitting (last January!), my hubby immediately requested a scarf. So we went to the LYS and I let him pick out any yarn he wanted. He picked the laceweight, and like a dummy I said sure... not really thinking about the fact that laceweights are best suited for lace! So it has sat in my stash for nearly a year. I finally came up with the brilliant idea of combining it with another yarn. Thus, this scarf was born.

The pattern is merely moss and stockinette panels that I saw in my book of knitting stitches and tweaked a little for a scarf. Size 10 needles, so I hope it will be done soon!

5 Comments:

Blogger Tandi said...

Looks soft and comfy! Love the color combo!

7:32 PM  
Blogger DAWN said...

I like the two colors together. That is a great stitch pattern, too. Yeah, laceweight, alone--not seeing it on a man.

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks cozy. I knitted a blanket in the basketweave pattern holding two stands together. It came out quite nicely however, it was my first knitted effort and I wish I had thought to use stitch markers. The project would've been much easier!

2:04 PM  
Blogger Katherine said...

Love the scarf, and hope everything is going well for you.

11:46 AM  
Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Really nice!

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home