Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Scarf 1 -- done!

My first scarf is done! Hurray!! It only took about -- um, well, probably too much time to actually list as an accomplishment. Work and my other hobbies (reading and letterboxing) did occasionally intrude. I am pretty proud of it, as first efforts go. I never did become completely comfortable with the Homespun yarn, especially the gray. For some reason, it was much fuzzier and lumpier than the purple. I also learned an important lesson. When they tell you to leave 6-8 inches of yarn when you switch colors, DO SO! Much easier to weave in when you're done! :-) Without further ado, here it is:


So, what's next on my crocheting agenda? Well, hubby is jealous of my scarf and wants his own... which will be blue and gray and NOT Homespun yarn. I tried to buy some sock yarn last night at Hancock's which they didn't carry. As soon as I can track it down, I'm starting a pair. Woo-hoo! And after that, well, I have sooooo many ideas of things I want to do, it's not even funny. Almost every pattern I see, I want to try. I think this happens whenever you start a new hobby and began to fully appreciate how much you can actually do. Hopefully, I'll chose a few projects and not buy out a yarn store!

Note: Just noticed the quality of the pic isn't great. Camera's batteries must have been getting low. Sorry!

2 Comments:

Blogger Libi said...

It's going to become an addiction. :) Have fun. Lovely scarf. Glad to see you at Crocetville.

7:18 PM  
Blogger Katherine said...

Congrats on the scarf! I admire your work with Homespun--I've tried to work it up and it's always refused my efforts!

I just checked out your wedding dress (love it!) and saw one on the site that I dig. Thanks for turning me on to that company/designer!

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home