Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Ribbed, but not for my pleasure

As I said in my last post, I did get a little vacation knitting done. Just a little. This is the cuff and three repeats of the Elongated Corded Rib sock pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks. (Can I just say, this book is awesome? Such a good idea! So many sock patterns, so easy to understand. Go buy it now. Seriously.)


I know this isn't an insanely impressive amount of knitting. You know why? Me and ribbing do NOT get along. It takes me forever. And yet, for some reason, I choose to knit a pair of socks that are almost entirely ribbed. What was I thinking?

I also bought a little yarn while in TC, too. Not sock yarn, but worsted weight superwash wool:



Last year, I made my mom these. She loved them. Wore them every day, and kept calling to tell me how great they are. How useful and functional and wonderful... except for one thing. They are an alpaca wool mix and are most definitely NOT superwash. And as she delivers mail for a living (read: dirty paper) they got real filthy, real quick. So I am going to remedy the situation with a new indestructible pair (cue evil genius laughter).

Between my slower-than-slow socks and the fingerless mitts, I should be pretty busy for while!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahahaha! Ribbed! I have that book but have yet to make a single pair of socks. Someday... You're off to a great start on those. They look like they'll be nice and cozy.

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home