Wednesday, October 03, 2007

FO: Pebble Socks



Yarn: Knit Picks Felicia in Pebble. I used one ball and just a shade of a second ball.
Needles: Options size 2.0
Pattern: From Knitty

Thoughts: Not bad for my first pair of socks (not counting my Fuzzy Feet from last summer, because felting hides all sins), but not great either. I viewed making these as a “just keep knitting”-type experience. So if I noticed mistakes, I didn’t frog but just tried to correct it. I knew that, especially for the first one, I would just keep frogging over and over and never get anything done if I let my perfectionist nature out. So there are some pretty obvious mistakes in the first; the second looks much better. (Hey, I do improve with practice. Encouraging!)

Did I like making these? Heck yeah. So much so that I went and bought this

3 Comments:

Blogger DAWN said...

You go! they look great! and aren't you proud of them? yes, you are.

6:12 PM  
Blogger LG said...

Nice to have you blogging again! ;)

7:12 PM  
Blogger Katherine said...

From here the socks look great. And conquering the First Sock beast is awesome!

(I still have yet to make a top-down sock, because I fear kitchener stitching the toes.)

Brava!

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home