Friday, May 05, 2006

Frog Princess

Yup. That's me. I was making good progress on my Spider Stitch Shrug this week. Started the first cuff at Sit-n-Stitch, and worked for nearly two hours on it last night while re-watching Independence Day (for lack of anything else to watch). Please note: I was watching a movie. I wasn't actually looking at what I was crocheting. You see where this is going? Because the movie ended, my cuff was complete, and I thought, "Oh good, I'll do a progress shot for my blog" and looked down at the cuff, I mean really LOOKED, and then screamed in horror.

Because, the cuff I had crocheted was a hideous monster cuff. The type of cuff that rampages in Tokyo and squashes innocent bystanders. That will haunt my crochet dreams forever. Because... I hadn't been paying attention, and apparently was adding one to two stitches per row as I crocheted... and what started out as a 15 stitch cuff grew to over 40 stitches at the other end. *shudder* Don't ask how I didn't notice. I blame Will Smith (by the way, when is he going to have another movie out? I love Will Smith!).

So. I frogged. The whole darn thing. And did NOT take a picture for all of blog-land to laugh at. (Though I am sure you all are snickering right now. Well, I would be, too.)

And then I resolved no more Will Smith movies and crocheting. Apparently, they just don't mix.

2 Comments:

Blogger LG said...

Oh, I'm sorry... Same happened to me many times! You'll try again!

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear! Better luck next time!

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home