Saturday, April 08, 2006

April Square

Some of you may have noticed the Granny Square Swap button in my sidebar. This is a year-long swap... and I think I have posted a sum total of zero of the squares I have made (note: it is now April!). This is usually because I finish it and run out the door to the post office and pop it in the mail, forgetting that "taking a picture" phase. But, I actually remembered to snap a pic this time, so here it is:



It was a quick crochet. I like it.

The hubby and I had a "date night" last night. It was so fun. We had dinner at our favorite Italian place. We were... how shall I put this... pigs. It's hard not to be at this place; the food is divine. We started with a bottle of wine... had baked asiago cheese for an appetizer... I had a house salad with balasamic vinegar (yum)... a huge amount of pasta... and then dessert. Yes, they practically had to roll us out onto the sidewalk! :-) We then headed over to the theatre to see "A Doll's House" which was excellent. A little dated, but still relevant. I was practically cheering for Nora when she finally left her marriage! It was a good production; if you live in MI I suggest seeing it (at the Performance Network in Ann Arbor).

Have a lovely weekend!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo, sounds yummy! Having a date night is a wonderful tradition to keep in a marriage. My husband and I have been married for just about 21 years and we still go out on dates and lunches 2x per week. It keeps ups close. And, who can go wrong with Italian food?! Enjoy!

11:34 AM  
Blogger Katherine said...

The square is beautiful!

Having a date night is a great idea. My parents have started doing that, and I'm going to suggest it to the Beloved. So glad you had a good night!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Tandi said...

Gorgeous square! Date night sounds like it was lots of fun.

4:36 PM  
Blogger LG said...

Good for you! Italian food is delicious!
I've read the book, A Doll's House from Ibsen, it's very good!

12:51 PM  
Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Lovely square my dear!

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home