Friday, March 17, 2006

Luck of the Irish Meme

Swiped from The Shrone in honor of St. Patty’s Day....

1. Are you Irish?
Was I born and raised in Ireland? No. Does my family claim an Irish background? Yes. Although I am really a “mutt” (with a little Irish, English, Italian, and Swedish) I have always identified the most with the Irish part of my heritage. Perhaps it is my last name (McCready) which I kept in hyphenated form when I got married, or maybe the four (yes four) trips I have made to Ireland... I love the place.
2. Are you by any chance wearing green today?
Actually, no. I tend to be in too much of a haze in the morning to remember something like wearing green for St. Pats. I did eat a green-frosted cupcake at 9:00 am, though, which I feel covers me in terms of green-ness for the day (my innards are green now, right?)
3. What kinds of special things do you do to celebrate St. Patrick's Day?
Like most of the country, I will be heading out for a drink after work. No green beer for me, though. Jameson’s all the way!
4. Do you believe in luck? How about fate?
Luck? Maybe. Fate? No way. I am too grounded in practicalities for that.
5. What would you do if you found a pot of gold?
Run like heck, so those quirky little leprechauns wouldn’t beat the stuffing out of me! And then I would spend it on something truly decadent... like diamond knitting needles and 1000 pounds of Aran tweed yarn. Just because I could. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home