Thursday, April 13, 2006

Jumpin' on the bandwagon

Yup. That’s me. Being a little lemming-- er -- follower and doing the Wikipedia Meme. If I actually had crochet content I wouldn’t need to do this... but I don’t. So, here it is... I think I saw this at Good Yarns and Crochet All Day and Quirky Musings....

The Wikipedia Game:

Search for your birthday. Post 3 events, 2 births, 1 death.

September 8th.

Events:

1636 - A vote of the Great and General Court of the Massachusetts Bay Colony establishes the first college in what would become the United States, today known as Harvard University.

1945 - Cold War: United States troops arrive to partition the southern part of Korea in response to Soviet troops occupying the northern part of the peninsula a month earlier.

1974 - Watergate Scandal: US President Gerald Ford pardons former President Richard Nixon for any crimes Nixon may have committed while in office.

Births:
1157 - King Richard I of England
1979 - Pink, American singer

Deaths:
1949 - Richard Strauss, German composer


I am wondering, in this game, do your choices reflect anything about your personality? I know I picked people and events that were familiar to me... Is it weird that Richard I and Pink were the births that stuck with me? Hee hee... what a pair!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tandi said...

That was a fun one... I was wondering the same thing about what your events say about you... Pink and Richard I takes the cake though...

10:32 AM  
Blogger sara said...

Oh I totally agree! I know I picked events that I felt reflected my personality. Although I picked my "death" because it made me laugh (Hail Lathaire king of the Franks!)

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home