Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Tea, 911, scarves, and a plea for help

My Secret Pal sent me a gift certificate for Adagio! I was so excited when I checked my email last night. I wasn't expecting anything exciting, unless you count the usual offers of discounted drugs and the ability to make my you-know-what bigger exciting. (I don't.) So I was almost jumping up and down in my chair when I realized what it was. My hubby may have thought that I had lost it. SP suggested the peppermint tea, which does look tempting. I am considering that, along with the Fox Trot and one of the berry herbals. I tried to order last night but there was some wackiness with the gc, so I emailed the company to try and straighten it out. Hopefully, they will get it sorted out today and I can indulge myself as intended.

While blog stalking this a.m., I found this site, which looks incredibly helpful to a newbie like me. I have one good instruction book at home with very clear pictures, but it doesn't cover everything. This will definitely be a help. Thanks, Kathy, for listing it!

I am making very good progress on the hubby's scarf (sorry, no pics at the moment). I have several feet done. I am enjoying it, but it is a little mindless. I keep wanting to put it down and try something challenging as a change of pace, but then I chicken out. What if I get so frustrated with my challenging project that I don't want to do the easy scarf? So I keep plugging along and take satisfaction from the ever-growing pile o' scarf!

Finally, I posted a question to Crochetville and have not got an answer yet. Thought I would post it here and see if it does any better. So, I was reading a sock pattern and it used the term "coil". What is this? A term specific to sock-making? Another word for rounds? Does anybody know?? HELP!!! :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Hi Jen. Saw that you posted on the Michigan Crocheters Yahoo site and decided to check out your blog.

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home