Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Two great tastes that taste great together

Or something like that. See, I just discovered that the Ann Arbor District Library has twenty-seven (27!) pages of knitting books available in its catalog. Let’s say that again: twenty-oh-my-stars-seven pages! Knowing my love of the library, it is a little shocking that I didn’t tumble onto this a few months ago. But when I first started crocheting last summer, I was all eager to see every book out there, so, of course, I looked at the library. And the most up-to-date book they were offering was from like 1985, with black-n-white photos and models with poofy hair. Yikes! Knowing that knitting is way more popular, I should’ve figured that the AADL would be hip to the times and have good knitting books... but... dang! I wasn’t expecting 270 books worth! Hee hee.

So I have requested a modest amount to start with. Just four. I’ll save the other 266 for next time.

5 Comments:

Blogger LG said...

OMG! Are they all with patterns or about the history of knitting or something like that?

1:21 PM  
Blogger LinknKnits said...

Vik,

About 80% of them are pattern books!

1:50 PM  
Blogger Katherine said...

And don't forget the power of inter-library loan!

Man, I love working in a library. Best. Job. Ever.

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Score! Sounds like there's plenty there to keep you busy. BTW, I now know what to do with my crochet pattern books when I don't want them anymore. :)

2:58 PM  
Blogger Tandi said...

Wahoo! Mine only carries things circa 1972 in those fab 70's colors. All four of them.

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home