Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Sock Knitting, Interrupted


Fetching the first
Originally uploaded by LinknKnits
Yup, I have taken a break from the never-ending sock knitting to start on a bit of holiday knitting. Since, you know, Christmas is like 49 days away or something. [Insert panic attack here.] I had mentioned in a previous post that I would be knitting Fetching for my mom. I started on Saturday afternoon, and as you can see, I have quite a bit done.

This pic is actually out-of-date. I took it at about 6:00pm last night and by the end of the night I had bound off and added the thumb. I am using Pure Merino by Berroco on size 7 DPNs. The pattern? Lovely and easy and quick and I am completely in love with it. I couldn’t be happier with it as a choice for holiday knitting, as it is quick (did I already say that?) and looks SUPER! (Ok, I am really enthusiastic about them. But come on! Lovely and easy and quick!)

Part of the reason I have nearly one whole mitt done, is that I watched two of the movies from my Top 100 quest over the last two days. Swing Time was perfect for knitting since the plot was just a vehicle to get from dance scene to dance scene. I got a LOT of knitting done during it. I couldn’t concentrate as much on my knitting during High Noon, since there was a plot and all, but it was a short movie and I spent the rest of the evening finishing (nearly) Fetching Number One. I have to check my Netflix queue and make sure I have some light movies coming up so I can finish Fetching Number Two as quickly as I did One!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Fetching is fab! Love the color, too. They are a really quick, fun knit, aren't they?

10:50 AM  
Blogger McNary & Company Realtors said...

That looks great!! It really makes me want to make a pair.... hmmmm.... must go dig in stash now! BTW - Thanks for stopping by my blog! I have added you as one of my daily reads!

10:26 AM  
Blogger LG said...

You made me laugh with your socks! I feel the same addiction when I start I can´t stop!

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home