Friday, October 14, 2005

Guilt Be Gone -- POOF!

Ok, I am feeling better about my slacker-ish ways on the book (Thanks for sympathizing, SP!). It just wasn’t for me. And even with a degree in English, sometimes you just can’t get through a book... right? (This is, perhaps, a little bit o’ rationalizing on my part. Ah well.)

My husband recommended a light, fun read to me last night. It is A Night in the Lonesome October, by Roger Zelazny. It is fantasy, which I don’t read much of, and written almost at the young adult level... but I can see why the DH enjoyed it as teenager. It is set in October leading up to Halloween and told from the point of view of a dog ~ a very good watchdog. Magic, murder, and creepiness abound. So far, it is lots of fun as a “pre-Halloween” read. And I am positive I will finish it! My book-y guilt was also eased a bit by ordering a few (Ha! A few! Do you see the Future Reads list now? It is huge!) books from the library. I am always happiest when I have a big stack of stuff to read!

And on the crocheting front... not much has been happening there. Still plugging away at the ginormous scarf for the hubby. It is at least 6 feet long at this point! I also found this link for a yarn sale going on until Oct. 31st. I think you have to order over $30, but some of these prices look awfully tempting.... I may have to sit down with my patterns this weekend and really plan my next few projects, so I can feel justified in ordering some of this!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly said...

You really should join a swap at Crochetville! They are so much fun and a great way to get to know people! While not everyone always has a great experience, I've been fairly lucky and had great swap partners! As you said - if I can do a bazillion, you can do one! :)

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home