Sunday, October 09, 2005

The Sonata Baby Hat

As promised, here is a pic of the finished hat:



I used this pattern and Sonata (cotton) yarn (from the stash I bought yesterday). This was incredibly easy to make. I mean, I had never crocheted a non-square object before this. And look! It turned out great! :-) I highly recommend this as a beginner hat, especially because the time involved was minimal. I started this yesterday afternoon and finished today ~ with breaks for sleeping, eating, and going through a corn maze today! I am going to do another one (lots o' babies have been arriving lately in my world) and am considering using a smaller hook on the next one... I don't know. This was a G hook. Has anybody used a smaller hook on this pattern? What were the results?

Now, I am off to start hat number 2 -- I mean, to make dinner!

4 Comments:

Blogger Celeste said...

Beautiful! That yarn has a really gorgeous sheen to it. I love making hats, they're so satisfying!

10:06 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Very nice! I love that yarn. What great colors.

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute hat, I am sooo impressed, I guess some of my crafty genes did get passed on after all.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Divaborn said...

The hat looks great!!! You did a really nice job! Love the colors too!

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home