Monday, October 31, 2005

The Handle-less Well-Traveled Bag

I finished up Dawn's awesome pattern this weekend. It was really simple and hardly took any time at all. I then had my first felting experience ever. I was a little nervous. What if my washing machine ate my bag? What if it wouldn't felt? What if the sky turned purple and it started raining onions? What if? What if? :-) I shouldn't have spent so much energy worrying. As you can see, the bag looks great:

You may also have noticed, or oh-so-smartly figured out from the title, that there are no handles as of yet. I actually bought some canvas straps at Joann's the other day that I thought would look cool. Got home, held them next to the bag, and they look HORRIBLE! So I am going to bring the bag with me tomorrow when I go and buy new handles!

Besides finishing the bag this weekend, I also spent a lot of time reading. Which is a good thing, because book club is next Sunday so I need to get Broken For You done! I like it so far, though I am a little wary of how easily these "strangers" lives seem to be locking together. I never trust books that suddenly do the surprise/revelation that is the equivalent of "that nice woman that the protagonist connects so well with is really her long lost mother/sister/aunt/dog catcher!" Seems like an easy fix to me. But. I am not finished with the book yet, so I am trying to not jump to conclusions. Sorta. :-)

We had about 25 trick-or-treaters tonight. The cutest was a group of middle-school boys dressed in suits, fedoras, and sunglasses, calling themselves the "Windy City Mafia." Now, off to eat that leftover candy....

3 Comments:

Blogger DAWN said...

Your bag looks great!! That wool of the andes felts (fulls)up the best. I'm so glad that it was a good first experience for you :)
**if you don't want to put in gromets you can just jam a big ol needle through to make a hole for the handles--I just like the look of the gromets** I'm just so happy for you.

Wish I could have seen the 'mafia'-- they sound like they were cool.

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Discovered your blog through Hip Hooks...your felted bag looks terrific! Beautiful colors!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Tandi said...

Saw the link to your blog from C-Ville. Love the felted bag! That turned out great!

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home