Friday, October 28, 2005

Happy (early) Halloween!

First off, here is my ode to Halloween:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I think it is appropriate because I will probably spend a good chunk of this pre-Halloween weekend watching my Simpsons DVDs (I have seasons 1-5; hope to get 6 for Christmas!) and crocheting. Doesn't sound very exciting, but this is the first weekend in about 3 months that we have absolutely nothing planned. Nada. Zilch. No dinner with friends, no letterboxing, no family events, no visitors. My hubby is soooo excited. It will be nice to spend some quality time at home, just the two of us.

And what will I be crocheting? Well, I have made great progress on the Well-Traveled Bag. I am about half-way done. I hope to finish and felt it this weekend (although I am not sure what I am going to do about the handles. I may end up posting the "finished" bag without handles!). I am using this lovely wool from KnitPicks which I was going to post a pic of, but then decided it would be more exciting to post the finished product. So ya all will have to wait a day or two! I also picked up some rust, tan, cream, and dark brown RH to start a block afghan for our library. No progress to report there and everybody know what RH looks like, so no pics! :-)

The other exciting (well, to me) thing that I will likely be doing this weekend is planning our first-anniversary trip. Our anniversary is in Feb. and we have some very dear friends who live in Ireland. So we are probably going to visit them. I am soooo excited. I have visited Ireland several times, but have spent most of my time in Dublin. So this trip will focus more on the rest of the country. I am going to pull my Ireland tour books and maps out of storage and start planning this weekend! (Cuz I am a bit obsessive and like planning trips several months in advance!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Katherine said...

Oooh, Ireland! Congrats on the upcoming anniversary, and on planning such a fun trip to celebrate!

With the block afghan for your library... are you donating that to them or raffling it off? Or something else? I'm intrigued.

1:44 PM  
Blogger LinknKnits said...

I probably should have been clearer when I said "library"... as my hubby and I have billions and billions of books, we use our spare room as a library instead of a guest room. It has a couch and lots of book shelves in it! So, sadly, the afghan is for me and not for any cool charity. Maybe someday, though. :-)

2:26 PM  
Blogger DAWN said...

Hey Jen:
The handles, for the bag, I made by buying a spool of leather cord and cutting 3 pieces about 2 yards long and braiding them together and tying the ends in a big ole knot. You could make a big piece of cording and felt it or leave it unfelted for texture and use that or use a chain or cording from the fabric dept. or whatever suits your individual bag. I can't wait to see how it worked up for you.

I am so envious right now of your planned trip to Ireland. I've never been but have always wanted to go. I want to hang out in a cool pub and drink dark ale and talk to locals and eat and pet sheep. Whatever. . . I hope you have tons of fun.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Oooooh Ireland....the land of myths, ledgends and of course the wee folk! I was just there 3 weeks back out in County Mayo / County Gallway - its absolutely gorgeous! I lived in Dublin for almost a year and saw almost all of the country - let me know if you want any advice / opinions!

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home