Monday, October 24, 2005

Now I'll always know what day it is!

Long time, no blog! I had a very busy, fun weekend pursuing my other all-consuming passion, letterboxing. So I didn't have a ton of time to blog... but I did finally finish my hubby's scarf! Hurray! This thing has only taken about a month or so (jeez!)... mostly because my husband wanted it insanely long. We measured it last night and it was over 8 feet! Here's DH proudly modeling the finished product:

Note that he has it looped around his neck twice and he is over 6' tall!

In other exciting news, you may have noticed that the Crochet Pattern A Day pic (and desperate title -- "The Perfect Gift For Me!") is no longer living in my sidebar. Why? Because the way cool Dawn of Wild Yarn had an extra calendar and sent it to me as a RAOK. My jaw about hit the floor when I opened the package. It was the last thing I was expecting. Thank you soooooo much, Dawn! I knew my love of ChocoCat would pay off some day! ;-)

I also purchased way too much yarn on Thursday and have started a few more projects... but I'll save all that until next time!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly said...

Psst - you can never buy too much yarn!! *grin*

What a great gift to receive! My mother brought me a copy over to Belgium when she came to visit as a surprise!

6:05 AM  
Blogger DAWN said...

Yah! you got it. I was really happy to have someone to send it too, and you're making the bag, too. I feel so proud. Nice scarf, by the way. All 8 feet of it, jeez. If he finds himself trapped in a 2 story building he may have a way out.

~ DAWN

8:35 AM  
Blogger Katherine said...

Nice work on the scarf. He looks so happy in it!

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks for the comment on my blog! Good to see another hockey fan, and one from Michigan, too! Great job on the scarf, and hey, at least it's finished, right? You dh looks really happy with it! And what a great RAOK :)

8:54 AM  
Blogger none said...

Great Scarf!

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home