Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Life: 8.2

I couldn't help, I just had to take a meaningless quiz and post the results!

This Is My Life, Rated
Life: 8.2
Mind: 7
Body: 7.7
Spirit: 6.7
Friends/Family: 8.2
Love: 9.1
Finance: 7.5
Take the Rate My Life Quiz


I should think my love life would be very good; I am still in the "honeymoon" stage of my marriage! (Our 1st anniversary is in February.) (And no, I never pictured getting married in the dead of a Michigan winter... it just happended that way!)

Now, here's my crocheting question: I have started on a block afghan (which is my "in between" project while I am waiting for more wool to arrive for another bag). I made my first block in red RH. I then crocheted the 2nd block (in the same pattern) but with a different brand of yarn (I think it is Tender Heart?) Now, I thought that being WW 4-ply would make them the same size... but the 2nd block is slightly smaller than the first, so they are clearly NOT the same. Will this matter when I assemble the afghan? Do the blocks all have to be identical? Or is there a little give and take? If I have to, I can just not use the 2nd color, but I would really hate to. It gives the afghan a nice punch of color. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks for all the nice comments about my bag, by the way! Also, for the encouraging comments about our proposed trip to Ireland. We are hoping to buy tickets within the next week. I have already been mapping out where I want to visit... I am thinking Cork, and then up the coast... but we'll see what Hubby wants to do, as well!

4 Comments:

Blogger Katherine said...

Having recently created an afghan of squares, my advice is this: if the sqares aren't the same size, joining them together will suck. Doing an edging will suck as well. (The Very First Afghan bears witness to this!)

Sizing & everything will go much easier if you use the same make/model of yarn for every square.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's true, joining the squares could be somewhat of a headache. However, I made a 'ghan where the squares weren't quite the same and it all kind of came together in the joining process. I guess, if the squares aren't too far off, you'll be okay.

9:04 PM  
Blogger LinknKnits said...

Hmmm... it is the 4th color and thus the one used the least amount of time. Maybe I'll hold off on it... and see if I can eventually pick up a replacement. Of course, it IS the color I like best!

Thanks for the advice!

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you might want to consider using the smaller blocks on the outside edges. or even adding a row if this is possible. i made a granny square afghan using differing yarns for contrast and interest. even though the squares were roughly the same size putting them together was a wee bit hairy because the blocks were just slightly off. good luck, and have fun!

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home