Thursday, December 15, 2005

The Mohair Monster Revealed

Yup. It's done:

I am so-so on it. It doesn't really look ripply, as it should, because I used too bulky a yarn. Oh well... it's a Christmas gift, so I don't have to love it, right?

We had our second Sit-n-Stitch on Tuesday. Once again, time seemed to fly by while I was there! I'll have to try and bring a camera to one (once we all know each other a little better; it's a bit weird taking pics of semi-strangers!) to share my Sit-n-Stitch-Joy with ya'll. The next one won't be until January sometime, though, so be patient. :-) Sidenote: We meet at Espresso Royale, so I bought their Eggnog Vanilla Latte. It sounded festive. BLECK! Avoid at all costs! I don't think eggnog should really be mixed with much... except rum.

Well, my hubby and I are watching The Little Mermaid at the moment (we have run a bit short on movies we haven't seen!) and I promised I wouldn't be long blogging, so I had best go. Plus, I just started My First Sock (not counting My First Sock from October, which I abandoned after just a few days. We don't speak of the First First Sock.) and I want to get cracking on it.

Have a lovely evening, everybody!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

pretty colors, :)
i avoided the eggnog coffee mate in the dairy case and got the peppermint mocha creamer they are offering as a seasonal item, very good.

12:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely scarf! Looks cozy!
I had a similar coffee experience w/the pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks. Yuk! The only seasonal coffee worth getting is the peppermint mocha-peri pointed out you can buy the creamer at the supermarket.
Good luck on that sock!! Socks frighten me!

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very pretty scarf!! :) i really love the colors. good luck on your sock :)

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

btw - not a coffee drinker, but I am ADDICTED to the peppermint hot chocolates at starbucks. :) lol .. i got a gift card for my birthday & saved it specifically for those drinks!

11:00 AM  
Blogger DAWN said...

The monster looks warm and cozy. Not so scary in person. I have no coffee experience to share. I like mine strong and black, not a big fan of flavors. But, chai tea with a splash of eggnog is pretty good *wink*.
~ DAWN

7:03 AM  
Blogger LG said...

I like the scarf!
Can't wait to see the sock! What colours did you choose?

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home