Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Tales of Yarn and Crochet and Glory (as promised)

Yup! The First Official Sit-n-Stitch, organized by yours truly, was a success! The awkwardness of meeting complete strangers really was swept aside in the joy of meeting 3 other crochet-heads. We met at 7:30 and were still going strong at 10:00... and only reluctantly decided to return to the normal life of hubbies and families! It was nice because, although there were only 4 people, we really ran the gamut of experience and projects that we were working on. Anna (who hails from the Ukraine ~ We are a multi-national Sit-n-Stitch!) was working on a Tunisian project. None of us had really seen this before, and so were fascinated. She made it look really easy (but I suspect that is because she is a really good crocheter!) but I was so impressed that I added Tunisian hooks and books to my Christmas list. Jennifer (how confusing, that in a group of 4, there are two Jennifers!) finished up the lovely scarf she was working on... ya know, the one that is featured on Interweave's cover. It looked gorgeous! Dawn, who has been crocheting for about a month, was working on her second (!!) full-size granny square baby blanket. And me? Well... I am sorta in between big projects right now, so I was working on blocks for my afghan. Not exciting, but hey, it needs to be done!

So, I had a blast and am so glad this came together! I can't wait to meet again. I am already pestering people to find out when they are free again. :-)

Oh, and on a completely different note, I sent out my last package to my SP yesterday. I can't wait for her to get it.... I really, really liked the yarn I picked out! (Hint: Noro.) It was in danger of becoming my yarn!

8 Comments:

Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! I try to make it to our SNB group every week too. It's good to get out and talk, crochet, talk some more...cool!

2:40 PM  
Blogger DAWN said...

Cheers to your success! I got scared for a moment and saw my name and thought I had been somewhere without knowing it. Alas, it wan't me.
~ DAWN

3:18 PM  
Blogger hi, i'm natalie said...

Sounds like it was awesome, and I'm excited to hear that it was a success!! I could definitely see heading out there for an evening if the weather co-operates, especially once my thurs AM class ends...

It's not really *that* far of a drive, just in a different direction than I am comfortable with. I'm pretty sure that in good traffic it's less than an hour drive from me, and I make that going north on 75 without batting an eyelash!

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!! I'm glad your first Sit'n'Stitch was a success. I've been trying to remember to get your final pkg ready to send (it's ready, I just have to seal it up & slap some postage on it) tomorrow!!

Take care,
your (almost-not-so) secret pal

5:13 PM  
Blogger Katherine said...

Hooray for Sit-n-Stitch! Hooray! Sounds like you had so much fun! I'm doing the puppy wiggle of joy!

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fantastic is that?! I'm so glad your first meeting was a big success! Congrats to you!

10:38 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Yay! So glad that it turned out great and you had an excellent time meeting strangers and crocheting together!

5:11 PM  
Blogger Tandi said...

Glad the first meeting was such a success! Wish I lived closer! LOL.

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home