Wednesday, November 16, 2005

It’s A Good Thing

It’s about 31 degrees out right now, with a wind chill factor making it feel like 17 degrees (by the way, isn’t weather.com fun? I don’t have to actually risk going outside to know that it is freezing out!) in AA, MI right now. And yes, that is a good thing. On Monday, just three days ago, it was 68 degrees. In November. How will anybody ever wear those wonderful scarves I crocheted way back in the heat of the summer, if it insists on staying 70 degrees??? This is much more like it.

Speaking of crocheting, I am a little over half-way done with my second Well-Traveled Bag. This one is for the MIL’s Christmas present. I think I will have to switch up the stripe pattern/color scheme a bit, though. I once again ordered Wool of the Andes for this bag. But... the color on my computer screen was really off for the gray. It is much, much lighter than I was expecting. Next to the ‘cloud’ color, it just looks like ash-covered snow. But without the cloud it looks pretty nice... so I’m going to try and work some stripe-switching magic. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Sit-n-Stitch Update... Another Good Thing
I have been out beating the cyber-pavement advertising this... and I actually have about three people interested! Small, I know, but it is a start and I am sure we will grow. I just need to set up the first meeting, which will hopefully be in about two weeks. I admit to being a little nervous about meeting total strangers... but I figure the crocheting will help us get over any awkwardness!

And finally, because I have no yarn pictures today, how is this for cute?? It's from a forward I received about a baby hippo and really old turtle (about 100 years old) that have bonded like mother/daughter. Let's all say it together: Awww......

5 Comments:

Blogger Katherine said...

Hooray for you for getting a group started!! That's wonderful! I hope all goes well with the first meeting (I'm guessing you'll get a good amount of interest, as Christmas is looming).

And I love the hippo/turtle photo.

7:15 PM  
Blogger DAWN said...

I think that hippo/turtle picture is the cutest.
Can't wait to see your next bag.
We're in for a cold nite here in TN. I think we are looking at 20 degrees for the low, yikes.
Thank you so much for your praise of my patterns *blush* I am flattered.
~ DAWN

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sigh* I am 30 minutes from AA.....I sure would like to crochet with some friends. I think it is so awesome of you to get one started!!! It really is so cold today!!!! Bust out those scarves!
I ordered the color cards from Knit Picks and they are pretty neat. I like it better than using the pics on the computer.

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww! Cute hippo!

Good luck with your group! I'm sure it'll go great and be lots of fun!

1:55 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Good luck with the group! My best friend is in Ann Arbor, but she is not a crocheter. The pic of the hippo and turtle is adorable!

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home