Monday, November 07, 2005

I Hate Chenille

Truly, I do! I had a giant ball of green chenille from my brief attempt at learning to knit five years ago. I thought, this will be perfect for a scarf for my grandma's birthday (which is on Christmas day and often gets overlooked, so I try to do something a little special for it). So. I started an incredibly easy pattern, thinking I would zip right through it. And I did ~ once I figured out that you need to crochet with your sense of touch and not sight with this stuff! Jeez!

I think it looks pretty good. You can't really tell in the pic, but it has a nice "ribbed" look to it. But the bad thing is, I still have a bunch left... which I'll have to use someday! :-)

But I LOVE my Secret Pal

I know it is a cliche to say that your Secret Pal is the best ever... but seriously. Look at the goodies I got in the mail on Saturday!


My loot included 4 skiens of sock yarn, a wonderfully descriptive book of sock instructions, The Crocheter's Companion, the Pattern-A-Day calendar (now I have one for work and home!), and the Adiago Teas Holiday Sampler! How cool is all this stuff?? Thank you sooo much, SP!!!

And Will Be Globetrotting Later This Week

Not really, but I will be in Philly for a nephrology conference for work, so my blogging will come to a crashing halt until next week. Sadly, I don't think I will have time to crochet while there (as even our nights are booked) but I am bringing my next book club read (Dr. Zhivago) so at least I will get one hobby in!

4 Comments:

Blogger DAWN said...

The scarf looks really soft and warm, if that is any concelation for the headache it was to make. You can alway try mixing it chenelle with another yarn or crocheting between the stitches. Not as pretty or decorative, but it will get used up. Nice package from the S.P
~ DAWN

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The scarf looks great. I'm sure it feels wonderful and warm too!

Have a safe trip!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Have you started any socks yet? I am working on the first pattern in the book and it seems to be working up pretty thick to me. I am using sock yarn, but I am wondering if another pattern would work up better.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Have you started any of the sock patterns? I am working on the first pattern in that book, and it seems to be working up very thick. I am using sock yarn. I wonder if a different patttern might work up better.

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home