Sunday, November 27, 2005

A half-carved turkey: veggies beware!

Finally! A chance to post... with pictures! These last few days have been just too busy, but in a good way. My hubby and I were both feeling the pressure on Thursday, because we cooked our very first Thanksgiving dinner. We were freaking that we would be running out to Boston Market at dinner time... but as you can see, the turkey was perfect (gasp of shock and surprise from all who truly know me!). As were the potatoes, two types of dressing, homemade cranberry sauce, braised onions, broccoli bake, and gravy (though I can't take credit for the gravy, that was my mom's doing). Big round of applause to us! :-)

Now, on to crocheting news. I finished my second Well-Traveled Bag, which is going to be a holiday gift for my MIL. If you remember, I was nervous that I might run out of gray, as I decided to skip the cream color and just have three, rather than four, colors. I just barely had enough... but I think it turned out terrific! Whew! One gift down... millions more to go!


A project that I had started awhile ago as "in between-er" was a block afghan for our library. I hadn't had much of a chance to work on it, until this weekend. I flew through four of these blocks (I had the reds done). I do see the charm of blocks/squares, because you really can finish one a night, but then put it aside for a few weeks if necessary.

My fave of the blocks is the 'block' stitch, in the lower right. Here are a few snowmen, "chilling" (bad pun, sorry) with it up close. This one works up really quickly, and doesn't take too much concentration to follow the pattern. Love it!

So, I have not read ANYBODY's blogs this last week, so I apologize if I missed major/life altering crocheting events! I'll make it up! :-)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your first turkey dinner! Sounds like it was delish!
I love the bag! I can't wait to make one for myself after Christmas! And, beautiful squares!

9:15 PM  
Blogger Tandi said...

Those squares turned out great. I really like those colors together!

12:52 PM  
Blogger DAWN said...

So glad to hear your first Thanksgiving dinner went off without a hitch. Well done! The bag looks great and I love the handles (MIL will love it, I'm sure). I like making squares, it's the joining of them that I could do without. Very tedious, in my book.
~ DAWN

3:48 PM  
Blogger hi, i'm natalie said...

I so, so love the bag - and the straps you used really set those colors off great. It looks just awesome!

Congrats on the successful dinner, also!!

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home