Wednesday, December 07, 2005

SPs and mohair and more...

Secret Pal 7 is starting sign ups, if anybody is interested. After a great deal of thought, I have decided not to participate in this round. I really enjoyed myself in SP6, and had a super spoil-ee and spoil-er. (I just love coining new words, by the by.) But I have also read in many, many blogs of all the rotten experiences people had this round... never hearing from their SP, gifts that didn’t fit SP’s requirements, etc. So, I figure, why spoil a good time? I don’t want a future bad experience tainting the great time I had in SP6. Yes, that is probably faulty logic, but oh well. Also, I intend to make up for the lack of goodies-by-mail by joining a few swaps on Crochetville!

The “mohair monster” is actually working up really quickly now. It was just the initial chain (263 stitches long!) and foundation row that were buggers. It is a ripple pattern and is looking pretty good. Although, it doesn’t look much like the picture in the book. I realized that the mohair the pattern called for was a nylon/mohair mix. I am using Patons Divine, which you will notice is an acrylic/mohair mix. So it is a bit chunkier than the scarf pictured, but I still like it. I’ll post some pictures soon.

Did I gloat -- I mean mention -- that I have finished my Christmas shopping?? Hurray! Soon there will be wrapped presents under my tree. It is amazing that I finished shopping so early (for me) because I really dislike shopping, of any kind. I get bored and frustrated in about 20 minutes. But my luck was better than usual this year, and except for a few crochet projects that need to be finished, I am done. Hurray again!

3 Comments:

Blogger hi, i'm natalie said...

Good luck with the mohair monster, LOL!!

My mailbox has been feeling a bit neglected lately, cuz I've been sitting out on the swaps and such... and it kinda sucks, but I gotta say, it sucks more to get a bum pal.

I so wish I could make the sit n stitch but I know I'll have to work - booger. :P

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My very first swap I participated in at C'ville yeilded nada!! Man, am I ever disappointed. I'm glad you had some great experiences and don't blame you for not pushing your luck. :(

On a happier note, good luck with your blanket! Can't wait to see a pic!

Hooray for you for getting your Christmas elfing done! :)

4:37 PM  
Blogger Stalker Angie said...

I was doing my usual stalking over at My Only Sunshine, only to find out she had linked a crocheter as her SP! Very exciting stuff that. So, I'll definitely be back. I may have to start stalking crocheters as well. :)

Have a great day!

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home