Sunday, May 14, 2006

Ta-Da!

My very first non-scarf, non-bag, non-hat, non-grannie-square wearable! Yup, it's the Spider Shrug, done at last.





I did change a few things in the pattern. I decreased the cuff size by 1/3. I wish I had done the same for the collar, because as you can see, it is a smidge too big and has to be folded down. I also decreased the sleeve length by 1 repeat. But besides that, I followed the pattern pretty much exactly.

I'm pretty pleased with it. I love the spider motif (which you can't see so well in these pics, scroll down a few days to see better ones). When I finished it up this morning, I hated the collar and was really upset that I hadn't noticed before that it was just too wide(though, I did make the smallest size). But, I wore it to Mother's Day festivities (mmm... Japanese Steakhouse... is anything more fun that a flaming onion volcano?) and my family loved it. So... I am now moderately happy with it. Especially as this is my first ever piece of clothing.

I'm not sure if I would make this again, but I am chalking this up as a success. :-)

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's lovely!! :D i really like your shrug, and it turned out great!

11:42 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Definitely a success. It's beautiful!

12:11 PM  
Blogger Heather Cox said...

Gorgeous and congrats on your first non hat non scarf! :)

12:55 PM  
Blogger Katherine said...

congrats! I think it looks faboo. Very nice work.

1:53 PM  
Blogger DAWN said...

It looks fantastic!! you did an awesome job and I like the collar folded down better. It feels good to wear something that you made as opposed to just lugging it around, doesn't it? *high five*

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! It looks terrific! I like the detail of the collar folded down. It's looks good and not out of place. It's beautiful!!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Jaye said...

I love the way the collar turned out. You did a fabulous job on this shrug and it looks beautiful on you!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Magikjaz said...

i agree i think the turned down collar adds a nice touch! well done!

3:33 PM  
Blogger Tandi said...

Gorgeous! It looks great with the alterations. That is such a good color on you!

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home