Tuesday, March 11, 2008

In which I discover that I am color blind

Or can't properly read very, very, VERY easy directions. Scroll down to my last post. See that nice little sleeve I had started? Well, I have been diligently working on it ever since. Last night, I was one repeat (one repeat!) from finishing it. I noticed I was short on light gray yarn so I went rooting through the yarn for this project to make sure I had another ball. I didn't, but for some bizarre reason I had three balls of red. My brain sorta froze as I processed this information. And then it hit me.

I was knitting the sleeve in the wrong color.

The sleeves are supposed to match the thick stripe on the front, not the little tiny accent of light gray. What the heck was I thinking?

So, yeah. I am pretending that this whole incident was due to a temporary onslaught of color-blindness and that I am not just plain ol' retarded. I am also pretending that I didn't frog an entire sleeve last night. You know, setting myself back WEEKS and all.

I need a lot of pretending right now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan C. said...

This is absolutely something I would do, so I can sympathize with your temporary color-blindness.

10:09 AM  
Blogger LG said...

Oh no! I´m sorry...

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home