Tuesday, December 27, 2005

I'm back!

Happy (belated) Christmas to all! I hope everybody had a lovely Christmas. I did. :-) So wonderful, in fact, that I have neglected my blog horribly! In my defense, I spent 12 hours in the car on Friday and 12 hours in the car on Monday driving to and from CT. Let me tell you, driving from Ann Arbor, MI to Harwinton, CT is no breeze. Pennsylvania is a llllloooooonnnnggg state. I was soundly cursing William Penn and all those early settlers for forming such a long state. It is always so much more satisfying to drive through small states... you feel like you have accomplished something. In PA, you're like, "Boy, we have been in this state for 5 hours now. Will we never reach NY????" and general panic ensues.

Anywho. Enough tirades against PA. Besides the massive amount of drive time, Christmas was nice. We spent the 24th and 25th with my hubby's family who we only see a couple times a year, so he was very happy. His grandmother is 91 years old now, so everytime we see her, we feel thankful and lucky that she is still in relatively good health. She still lives in her own home and is a pretty feisty woman. She was a schoolteacher in CT back in the days when it was a bit rare for women to continue teaching after they were married.

And I have to admit, that I am still childish enough (or have a childish love for the holidays) that I pile up my presents after the big day and gloat over them. My faves this year? My hubby signed me up for a beginning knit class at Joann's; we are going to pick out a grill from Lowe's (though that is really for both of us); my dad bought me the LL Bean raincoat I had been coveting; and I got both season 6 and 7 of the Simpsons. Hurray!

Not much crocheting has been happening lately. I did finish one of my afghan's squares in the car, but I get motion sickness so I couldn't get that much done. But, my MIL loooovveddd the Well-Traveled Bag that I gave her, so I was very happy. I am looking forward to working on my sock again, too.

Anywho (again). This is a very materialistic and random post. That's what the holidays do to me! Hopefully I'll be returning to normal soon!

4 Comments:

Blogger Tandi said...

Sounds like you had a great holiday! Glad you had a safe trip and got lots of fun stuff!

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can relate to the driving thing. I used to drive from NY to AZ in college and those western states are BIG!! Also, I can relate to the motion sick thing, ugh, nothing says 'forever' like boredom and nausea :(

On a happier note, yay for presents!! I'm glad Santa was very good this year :)

12:15 PM  
Blogger Katherine said...

I'm with you on the motion sickness. My sister (the middle one) could always read in the car and I never could, and she always looked so smug doing it and it just made me feel worse and...

Sorry. Hitting the past a little too hard there. Sorry to hear you're on cold medicine--hope you feel weller soon! (I dig your blog's new face, by the way!)

1:52 PM  
Blogger LG said...

I like the new blogĀ“s layout! Very good!

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home