Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I can balance a ball on my nose, too

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
Yup, that about sums up how I have been feeling this last week. The first and third images are all but gone, but I still have a booming, ringing cough that can be heard at least 12 miles away. My family affectionately calls it “the seal bark.” I call it evil.

Anywho, so that is my main reason for the complete lack of posting and commenting. Also, because of images one, two, and three, I have been really sluggish and haven’t really crocheted anything worth looking at! So here are a few of my half-started WIPS (in a very blurry picture. Oops!) :


From R-L. One half-finished sock. Two and a half squares to my block afghan. The first three rounds of a granny square (possibly for a swap…), and some thread to try out snowflakes with. Have yet to do that last one, though!

Also, thanks to everyone for their very helpful suggestions on my pending book buying spree! I will let you know as soon as I get my greedy little mitts on the books! And, thanks for the kind words on my blog’s new look. I agree with Dawn; the scrolling bars were AWFUL! Much better now.

Finally, though I was too tired and cranky to crochet, I did finish one of my Christmas books:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


It was a fun book. It reminded me of The Name of the Rose, The Codex, or The Da Vinci Code… that nice subgenre of “history/literature mystery.” The writing was a bit clunky at times (and a little un-PC; it was written in the 80s and some of the descriptions of Arabs were a little cringe-enducing), but overall it was a fast-paced mystery with a good “kicker” of an ending.

Well peeps, my warm spot on the couch is calling me. Or is that my cough, echoing throughout the house…? :-)

4 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Hope you feel lots better soon!! I had another idea on a gift card use... I recently bought "Felted Crochet" by Jane Davis. I haven't tried any of the pattens yet, but they look fantastic! I am looking forward to catching up with everybody on the 10th... or so.

JC

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear! That sounds like a nasty cold! I hope you're feeling much better soon!

11:29 AM  
Blogger DAWN said...

Your crochet pile looks like mine. Hince the lack of FO on my blog, too. Hope the cough goes away soon. Drink, drink, drink (no, not that kind).
~ DAWN

10:06 AM  
Blogger Tandi said...

Ooh, sorry you've felt crummy lately. My husband just read The Eight and really liked it too.

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home