Sunday, January 22, 2006

Pictures!

First off, the lovely granny square I received in the square swap at Crochetville.


Thanks, Lene! Next, the hat that I made and sent for the hat swap; it is a little blurry, but I was in a rush getting it packed up to send! Plus, it is being blocked, oh-so-cleverly, on a canister in the kitchen. It is Wool of the Andes, and the pattern is a modified version of the Extreme Earflaps pattern in IW Knits. Obviously, I did not add the flaps.
Third up in the picture parade (below) is my belated joining of the “where do you crochet” picture-meme that has been going around blogland. This is my living room sofa (Yes, it is purple. I LOVE it. No dissing the purple!). Notice it is close to natural light and a lamp. Smart of me… and not to mention, right in front of the tv! That bright orange blob on the floor is my WIP bag. Finally, the last photo is my stash/pattern pile. It does not seem that impressive (I have seen pics of rooms full of yarn, so I know), but please bare in mind that I have only been hoarding yarn since August!


I didn’t get a whole lot of crocheting done this weekend; maybe 10 inches of a scarf, at best. The hubby and I went out for dinner with friends on Friday (The wife of this couple was 9 months pregant and due TODAY. We told her she was not allowed to go into labor at dinner. She very nicely agreed not to.). Saturday was mostly spent cleaning/grocery shopping, etc. and today I had a friend over for a little wedding scrapbooking. However, I did finally spend one of my Borders gift cards and bought The Crochet Bible, Cool Crochet (awesome sweater patterns!), and Stitch n Bitch. I have been oohing and aahing over the lovely pics all weekend!











7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh yay! It's always so exciting getting crochetville mail, isn't it? And I love your couch!

9:03 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

The hat looks great! And I think your stash of yarn is quite respectable. See you Tues!

9:07 AM  
Blogger DAWN said...

I love to see where people craft. Nice purple. I like that square you received, too.

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a comfly looking crochet spot. I like the purple couch!
That's a very impressive yarn stash. Big enough to show that there are WIM's aplenty but not to big to out of control! :)

5:10 PM  
Blogger Katherine said...

Your corner of the couch looks so cozy! Hooray!

2:02 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

I love the colors in the hat - very cool! And as for the purple couch...well purple rocks! No dissing it is coming from me!

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I *LOVELOVELOVE* your purple couch!!!

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home