Tuesday, January 10, 2006

FOs, but no pics

Why the lack of pictures, you may ask? Well, my first FO is the January square for the Granny Square Swap at Crochetville. I don’t think the recipient reads my blog, but I would hate to ruin the surprise in the off chance that she does! I did enjoy crocheting the square, though. This was my first GS, ever! And actually, I started with this pattern but it didn’t look right. I was pretty sure I had followed the pattern correctly, and rather than frogging it and redoing it, just to discover that the pattern was wrong (which would have been super annoying), I just frogged it and started a new pattern. This one turned out great and I was very happy!

My second FO from the weekend was another baby hat, following this pattern. You may remember that I crocheted this back in October. I used a different yarn this time, but really, it is just a plain old baby hat! Not that exciting! So just picture the same hat, but in a baby sport weight yarn. :-)

WIPS
I am also participating in the Hat Swap at Crochetville right now. I started it last night, using stash-reducing Wool of the Andes in some very fun colors. Again, I won’t say more in case my swap pal reads this! Other ongoing projects include my socks (which I haven’t touched since before Christmas! Yikes!), my first snowflake, and my afghan. I had been using an old Leisure Arts leaflet from my mom (published in 1980-something) for the flake. And then I went and bought the 99 Snowflakes at Joann’s and it so much cooler!!! Unfortunately, it sorta drained my enthusiasm for the older, uglier flake that I am working on!

Sit-n-Stitch
Is tonight! I can’t wait! A whole evening of stitchery talk and fun! Check out Jennifer’s new blog, by the way. She is one of the S-n-S members and a very talented crocheter!

Wanted: Sun!
Finally, because Michigan in the winter is very dreary, and because my husband and I are rapidly approaching our one-year anniversary (Feb. 26th), here is a picture of the two of us in sun-drenched Cozumel last February on our honeymoon. Ahhhh....

2 Comments:

Blogger DAWN said...

Cozumel!!! holy crap, that looks like the place to be to me. Hate it when patterns are written wrong, but it was a cool looking square.
~ DAWN

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for snowflakes! Frog that ugly 'flake if it's not working for you. 99 Snowflakes has plenty of pretty ones to choose from. ;)

Cozumel look wonderful! Early happy wishes to you and your hubby!

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home